What is a LIMS? It's very similar to any icontest you will find here on Livejournal, however; unlike your regular icontests LIMS participants (those who sign up for the competition) will submit their icons and each week voting will take place with the least favorite icons eliminated each week until there is only one participant left, leaving that person to be the LAST ICON MAKER STANDING.
adaptation_ic anistonstills asuten20in20 austen_lims austen_stills bwlims bwchallenge costume20in20 costume_awards costume_elite costume_stills fentystills firth_stills goodaustenicons gerry_awards groban_stills gwtw_stills lims_movie ns_stillness olde_fashioned period_drama period_rumble potoawards poto_stillness sherlock20in20 swordandsandal the_histories toon_icontest woz_stills
2. All icons submitted must remain anonymous. Meaning you cannot post your icons until the voting period is over.
3. No voting for yourself or having your friends vote for you.
4. You must sign up to submit an icon entry but not to vote.
5. Use a reliable image host such as photobucket or imageshack. Do not use LJ as your image host.
6. Do not use your username in your file names.
7. Submit your icons to the challenge post with both the image and the url. For example:
8. Images are acquired from a number of places. Sometimes images might be of higher quality than others.
9. You may required to submit more than one icon, depending on the challenge, however; you will be given a few extra days (or a full week) to submit your entries.
10. Other information of interest:
Challenges due: 9 days from when the challenge was posted at Midnight EST (see WORLD CLOCK. You will have 9 days to submit your icon.
Voting: Will last for 48 hours and you MUST vote in order to win community / mod's choice. This isn't meant to punish anyone-voting in any icontest is important and more so in a LIMS.
11. SKIPS: Everyone who signs up will receive one (1) skip, but you can earn two (2) skips if you promote the community (promo communities do not count) at two different places (not your journal and your profile-it's one or the other). Remember-you must give me a link to where you've promoted, if it's a locked journal take a screenshot of it and feel free to smudge out any personal details and leave me a comment at the sign up post, otherwise you won't be given credit. Extra skips can only be earned until the end of the first of the challenge.
12. COMEBACKS: Anyone eliminated during the round (not those who were disqualified) will be able to participate in a special challenge. Depending on the number participants, the actual number of those coming back into the round will vary. Please note-any skips you may have had will no longer be valid. Meaning if you had one skip left, you cannot use it if you are voted back into the round.